Friday, October 11, 2013

Product Review: Murad Renewing Cleansing Oil




I picked this up on the last day of August and started using it the very next day.

Weeks before purchasing this, I had been going back and forth with the whole idea of oil cleansing since my skin is combination and acne prone. But after doing a bit of research, I decided to take the plunge and I'm so glad that I did.

The directions say to apply a liberal amount of the product to damp hands and rub onto a dry face for 60-90 seconds. When I rubbed the oil in my hands, it got really warm but that was gone before I was able to get it on my face. At first, it feels like lotion on your face but becomes a bit more difficult to rub on your face. As you continue to massage your face, the oil starts to feel more like oil on your face (your hands will glide quite easily over your skin) and at that point, you are ready to rinse.

To my surprise, I didn't have an adverse reaction to using oil on my face- not a single breakout! My skin is left feeling soft and smooth... but also dry.  The bottle says that it "eases dryness" but it doesn't for me.

This is currently the only cleanser that I use but my skin likes what it likes when it likes it- that means my skin might enjoy a product for a while but I keep a few cleansers on hand for when my face decides to act up- it always does.

I decided to go with the Murad brand because it's one that I know well and it was easily accessible at my local Ulta as opposed to ordering something online and having to wait for it. But there is another cleansing oil from 100% Pure that I would like to try because it is all natural and I would like for my skincare regimen to be as natural as possible. I'll be ordering that this weekend so be on the lookout for a review!

No comments:

Post a Comment