Friday, July 26, 2013

Product Review: Banner Bee Company Healing Spritz



Last summer, I started going to a Farmer's Market about 15 minutes from where I live. The one stand that caught my attention sold honey and honey based natural products: Banner Bee Company. They have honey infused with different ingredients and antiseptic balm for bites and scars... but my favorite product is their Healing Spray. I didn't know what I was going to do with it initially, but it's a multi use product that I ended up using as a toner since I've been steadily trying to make the switch to more natural skincare products this year.

After washing my face in the morning and at night, I put some of the Healing Spritz on a cotton pad and wipe my face down. It contains (in order):

* organic aloe juice... has anti-inflammatory properties that can aide in treating blemishes

* rose distillate... a natural mild antiseptic that also nourishes and hydrates the skin

* vegetable glycerin... softens the skin, is a natural source of moisture, helps the skin retain moisture

* witch hazel... has anti-inflammatory properties and promotes healing of the skin

* raw honey... heals and moisturizes the skin

* pure essential oils... they can't give away all their secrets!

* propolis... has anti-inflammatory effects and helps the skin to heal

* tea tree oil... kills bacteria and reduces allergic skin reactions

* phenoxyethanol... a safe preservative

* tetrasodium EDTA... a "penetration enhancer"

* citric acid... sloughs off dead skin cells, speeds new cell turnover


The higher up an ingredient is on the list, the higher the concentration of it in the product. I love how my skin feels and looks after using this spritz. I stopped using it for several months and definitely saw a difference in my face... and I wasn't happy. As a beauty blogger, I definitely want to try new things and report back to my readers (and have alternatives if needed) but I know I can always count on this product to rescue my skin and keep it looking healthy and flawless.

No comments:

Post a Comment