Monday, July 22, 2013

Summer of Smoothies: Mango-Orange Smoothie

My plan for this summer was to purchase a juicer... but the price of juicers (although a great investment) caused me to push that idea to the back of my mind. I've always been a smoothie person anyway. I LOVE smoothies and enjoy making my own at home. And being on summer break from work is allowing me time to come up with new smoothie creations. The mango-orange one was literally concocted by me randomly throwing things into the blender (not having a clue what it would taste like or if the ingredients even went together)... and something yummy delicious was born.

Here's what I used to make my mango-orange smoothie:
- frozen mango
- orange juice
- SO Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk
- 1 packet of Carnation French Vanilla Instant Breakfast (or a vanilla protein powder substitute)

Blend mango, orange juice and protein powder together for about 30 seconds. I add the coconut milk to the other ingredients after blending because I don't want the mix to become frothy. But if you prefer a little froth, put it in your blender with the other ingredients. Enjoy!

*Amounts of ingredients used will vary depending on the size of your blender and the flavor you're looking for. I used just 4 pieces of mango. For the liquids, I did half orange juice and half vanilla coconut milk. I use a single-serve 14oz blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment